Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings and Chicken and pasta alfredo

Chicken and Dumplings
--------------------------
4 boneless chicken breasts
6 cups of water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can corn- drained
1 can green beans drained
1 can carrots drained
1/2 bag of frozen peas
1 can of refrigerator biscuits
-------------------------------
I used my large electric frying pan, I placed chicken breasts{mine were still frozen} and water and bouillon on a low boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. when chicken was cooked through, i removed it from poaching liquid and cut it up into bite sized pieces. I put it back in the poaching liquid, that had reduced by about 1/2. I added the soup, and all the vegetables.  I cooked it on low for about 10 minutes, and then added the canned biscuits to the top of the mixture, I turned it down to medium and cooked it for about 15 more minutes. The biscuits puffed up and doubled in size.  If you prefer your biscuits browned, you could bake them first and then spoon the chicken mixture over the top.   It was yummy!!!This made about 6 to 8 servings.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken and pasta Alfredo
---------------------------------
2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts
1 small onion diced
2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
1/2 bag of peas
1 1/2 cups of pasta
1 jar of bertolii Alfredo sauce
2 chicken boillon cubes 
Water
1 to 2 tablespoons of butter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Once again I used my electric skillet.  I added the chicken breasts, and onion and garlic to pan. I added the water and cooked on medium until almost all the water was gone. I removed the chicken from pan, and cut it into bite-sized chunks. I added the butter to the skillet and added the the diced chicken back.  I added the peas, about 4 to 5 cups of water, the bouillon and the pasta.  I cooked it stirring occasionally until the pasta was cooked through and most of the water was gone.  I added the Alfredo sauce and stirred it all together.
Delicious!! about 5 to 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment