Saturday, January 30, 2010

Creamed peas and red potatoes

Ingredients
1 pound bag of red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1 small onion diced
4 cups of soy milk
6 cups of water
6 chicken bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste
2 cups of Wondra flour
3 cups cold water
1 1/2 bag frozen peas
1/2 cup instant potato pearls
1 jar of french onion dip
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line crock pot with crock pot liner.  Place potatoes, onion. soy milk, 6 cups of cold water, chicken bouillon, garlic and salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in crock pot.  Cook on low 8 hours.  I mixed  1 cup of flour and  11/2 cups of cold water with a fork in a small bowl and slowly added to mixture.  I waited about 30 minutes and it didn't seem thick enough.  I added the rest of the flour and water, and it still wasn't thick enough.  So I added the potato pearls and tasted it.  It was lacking something.  All the recipes I read on line added sour cream or cream cheese to recipe.  I didn't have either, but I did have french onion dip.  I added that and it was "oh so yummy"!!!   It made a lot Of Creamed peas and potatoes.  I use a 6 1/2 quart  slow cooker and it makes a mountain of food.  I plan on freezing some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment