Monday, February 8, 2010

Salsa chicken

Chicken breasts- I used boneless frozen ones
1 jar of salsa

I dumped the chicken breasts in my crock pot- { i used a crock pot liner}
and poured the salsa over the chicken.  Cooked on High for 8 hours, Shredded the chicken, put some of the reserved juice in the shredded chicken.  I served this on whole wheat tortilla's with Shredded Cheese. You can make your own kind of Chicken tacos, topping of your choice.
YUMMY!!!!  AND EASY!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made this again last night.  I added a extra jar of salsa, so two jars with about 8 large Chicken breast's{frozen}
and a can of drained Corn. Also 1/2 a packet of taco seasoning{mild}. This morning I shredded the chicken and added the rest of the taco seasoning and a small can of tomato paste to make it slightly thicker. I will cook it on high for an hour to melt the tomato paste.  It seems to taste just a bit better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment