Saturday, November 14, 2009

Soups on!!

Well here I am beginning my journey into the world of Blog. My Inpiration?? My Friend Dee.
She has some cute blogs about cooking, her family, etc and I thought "I could do that"!! So here I am.
My passion this week is Crock pot soup!! I made a home made vegetable Meatball soup at the beginning of the week, and tonight a Golden Creamy chicken and Vegetable soup. My sweet hubby seems to be a fan of my soups, although he thought the meatballs I chose at the beginning of the week were too "Italian".
Well if any of you are interested, here are my own recipes for Crock pot Soup!!

Vegaball soup [vegetable meatball soup]
Ingredients
46 fl oz of V8 juice
1 large carton of beef stock
1 large onion- diced
3 cloves of garlic- minced
6 stalks of celery -chopped
4 to 6 carrots- chopped [I used baby carrots, about 1/2 a bag]
6 to 8 red potatoes-quartered [ I leave the skins on]
1 can of green beans
1 bag of Italian style meatballs
salt and pepper to taste
Greek Seasoning to taste

I combined all the ingredients and cooked on low 8 to 10 hours.
Servings- about 10 -1 1/2 cups
-------------------------------------------------------
"California Dreaming Chicken soup'

2 large cartons of chicken broth
2 cans of golden mushroom soup
1 envelope of Lipton onion cup of soup mix
1 large onion diced
6 cloves of garlic chopped [we love garlic]
4 stalks of celery chopped
4 to 6 carrots chopped
6 to 8 red potatoes- quartered
4 to 6 chicken breasts -cut into bite size pieces
Greek seasoning to taste [ I crushed about 2 1/4 tablespoons in my palm]
1 cup of frozen peas

I combined all the ingredients except the peas, and cooked for 2 hours on high, and then 8 hours on low.
Add frozen peas about 30 minutes before serving




No comments:

Post a Comment