Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday, sunday

Well, we had snow yesterday and this morning, sun!!  I woke up about 8 am and need to read through my lesson one more time.  My lesson today is about the saints going to winter quarters and about serving one another. I hope I do the lesson justice!!  I made my own sugar free pumpkin pie pudding last night.  I have been craving pumpkin pie, and since the real thing would not be a good idea, I am trying to figure out a sugar free version that I can eat on occasion.  Heres my recipe..
Pumpkin pie parfait
1 box of french vanilla sugar free instant pudding
1 box of butterscotch sugar free instant pudding
3 1/2 cups of soy milk
1 1/2 cups of canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
sugar free cool whip
sugar free cookies- ginger snaps- or vanilla wafers- {optional}

combine all ingredients except cookies and cool whip.  beat with electric mixer until well combined.
chill and serve topped with crushed cookies and cool whip

When you use soy milk with pudding mix, it will not be as thick as pudding made with milk.  Because of my gastric bypass surgery I am now Lactose intolerant, so soy milk is my only option.  Cool whip is lactose free so I have no problems there.  If you chill the pudding and use slightly less soy milk, it seems to work.  That is why I use 3 1/2 cups instead of 4 cups as usual in making the pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment