Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Girl in the mirror???

Over the last year as I have watched my body change, and my health improve I have had several moments of catching a glimpse of my self in a mirror and not recognising "me".  The last couple of weeks I have been slightly frustrated cause the scale just won't move.   I was starting to despair that this was "it". That this was who i was always going to be.   Tonight I went to the community college with Berrett as he had to work and I wanted to be with him.  I was in the ladies room, washing my hands and looked up into the mirror and for a moment saw the old me and the new me.  I didn't recognise the new me.  I suddenly realised that I have curves, that my body IS Slimmer.  And that I have made some incredible advances in the last year. Instead of despairing over how much more I should lose, I intend to focus on what I have already lost!! In Fact I should say "gained" I have gained back my health, my life and my marriage.  For all these things I am incredibly Thankful.  I like the new me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment