Thursday, December 17, 2009

So this is Christmas...

Well its Dec 17th, and I believe we have finished shopping except for a few odds and ends, Today I plan on wrapping presents.  I started a vegetable soup in the crock pot for the pot luck tomorrow. I hope it tastes great!!
Christmas feels strange this year. I have had moments of the Christmas spirit and then other times where I have had to listen to music or watch a movie to find it.  I keep running across people who seem to be experiencing despair over Christmas this year.  I guess so many feel that don't have enough money to buy what they want that they feel Christmas is not happening this year.  I beg to differ. I have had very meager Christmas's that were filled with the Joy of Christ's Birth and the love of my family.  I think so many times we forget that it is His birth. That the one who many times was alone, or persecuted. the one who depended on the kindness of strangers. The one who healed the sick, raised the dead, and loved the sinner is the one we are celebrating.  He understands our frustrations and our sorrows, so we need to turn to him and find the true meaning of Christmas.
We can feel His love and His Peace, especially at Christmas.  My prayer is that all may find this peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment